Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Steppin' out with the Rev.

This was actually the first cover I got from Dave before he left for vacation. I don't think the wacky races kind of idea he ended up doing was totally formed in his head when he did this one. We got this one done and figured we'd come back to it when he did the rest. My first crack at it...


Dave was NOT feeling the blue and yellow thing and then I realized he made the little guy's truck look like a Deadpool mask too so I went back in and made that red too...


The burst was just there as a placeholder until Dave figured out what he was going to do with the background. Here's what we ended up with...


Dave- "I decided to go ahead and draw the entire Marvel Universe in the grandstand."
Rico- "The last 3 covers are due tomorrow right?"
Dave- "Yep!"
Rico- "ok."

2 comments:

alex fine illustration said...

Making the car red was a nice touch. I actually liked what was going on with the burst in the second version but the final looks great too.

chris be said...

damn sir, you're picking all the good jams